Principal professor at the National University of Engineering.
Full member of the National Academy of Sciences of Peru.
Qualified as a CONCYTEC researcher.
Doctor in nuclear physics and particle physics from the University of Paris Sud, France.
Doctor in Government and Public Policy from Universidad San Martín de Porres, Lima, Peru.
Doctor Honoris Causa from several universities.
Founder and coordinator of the International Scientific Meeting (ECIPerú) since 1993.
Founder of the Center for Preparation for Science and Technology (CEPRECYT) in September 1992.
Editor of the science magazine ECIPeru.
Director of the radio program “Encuentro con la Ciencia” (A meeting with science) and the CienciaPeru web channel.
Doctor in Government and Public Policy, Universidad San Martín de Porres, Lima, Peru (2012)
State Doctor in Physical Sciences, Paris XI University, Orsay, France (1981)
Third Cycle Doctor in Nuclear Physics and Particle Physics, Paris-Saclay University, France (1977)
Diploma of Specialized Studies in Nuclear Physics, Paris-Saclay University, France (1976)
Bachelor of Physical Sciences, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru (1988)
Master’s Degree in physical sciences, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru (1974)
Bachelor of Physical Sciences, National University of Engineering, Lima, Peru (1972)
• Honors and distinctions
He became the only one holding the highest professional level (P12) of the Nuclear Energy Peruvian Institute (IPEN), from which he retired in April 2015
Doctor Honoris Causa from the San Luis Gonzaga National University of Ica (2014)
Doctor Honoris Causa from the Hermilio Valdizán de Huánuco University (2013)
Doctor Honoris Causa from the César Vallejo University of Trujillo (2013)
Doctor Honoris Causa from the Continental University of Huancayo (2013)
Diploma of honor «Eminent Citizen» of the Department of La Libertad 2012.
Association of Departmental Clubs of Peru (May 22, 2012)
Honorary Professor of the National University «Hemilio Valdizán» (December 30, 2011)
Recognition of Work and Entrepreneurship by the Ministry of Labor and Employment Promotion (12/2010)
Honorary Professor of the National University of Trujillo (8/9/2010).
Doctor Honoris Causa from the Catholic University of Los Angeles (8/6/2010).
Medal «National Assembly of Rectors» and diploma of recognition for important career as a researcher and fruitful production in the field of science by the National Assembly of Rectors (May 15, 2009)
Honorary Professor of the César Vallejo University (November 11, 2009)
Honorary Professor of the Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics of the National University Federico Villarreal (2008)
Decoration of the Cayetano Heredia Order in the rank of Commander by the Council of the Cayetano Heredia Order (Rectoral Resolution August 15, 2007)
EDUCCOP Award «Abel Gallirgos Graneros» 2007, in the Scientific Research Area (August 22, 2007)
Distinction «Habich Torch» from the National University of Engineering (July 22, 2005)
Honorary Professor of the César Vallejo University (Rectoral Resolution 15/04 2005)
Honorary Member of the Peruvian Society of Medical Technologists in Radiology (October 29, 2004)
Decoration of the Order «To Merit for Distinguished Services» in the Degree of Grand Officer by the Presidency of the Republic (February 2, 2004)
Honorary Professor of the Jorge Basadre Grohmann National University (Rectoral Resolution July 10, 2003).
Doctor Honoris Causa of the National University of Ancash Santiago Antúnez de Mayolo (June 14, 2003)
Medal of Distinction for scientific work and articles on education and science, awarded by the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima (June 2, 1999)
• Teaching and professional experience in Peru
Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy, Lima, Peru (1982-1984, 1988-March 2015)
Preparation Center for Science and Technology, CEPRECYT, Lima, Peru (1993 -)
Pontifical Catholic University of Peru, Lima, Peru (1974 – 1975)
National University of San Marcos, Lima, Peru (1974)
• Experience in foreign institutions
University of Surrey, Guilford, UK (12/07/92 – 12/14/92)
Mc Master University, Hamilton, Canada (11/23/92 – 12/04/92)
Carnegie Mellon Institute, Pittsburgh, United States (10/01/88 – 10/04/88)
Center Nacional de Recherche Scientifique, CNRS, at the Institut de Physique Nucléaire, Orsay, France (05/01/86 – 04/30/87)
Gesellschaft für Schwerionenforschung, GSI, Darmstadt, Germany (03/01/85 – 02/28/86)
Kernforschungsanlage, KFA, Jülich, Germany (04/01/83 – 07/31/83)
Commisariat à l’Énergie Atomique, CEA, Saclay, France (1976 – 1982)
• Published works
- “Monte Carlo simulations and phantom validation of low-dose radiotherapy to the lungs using an interventional radiology C-arm fluoroscope”
D. Roa et al.
European Journal of Medical Physics, 94 (2022), pp. 24-34
- “Low-dose radiotherapy to the lungs using an interventional radiology C-arm fluoroscope: Monte Carlo treatment planning and dose measurements in a postmortem subject”
S. Leon et al.
Biomedical Physics & Engineering Express, 8 (2022), 065004
- “Monte Carlo simulation of the measurement by the 2E technique of the average prompt neutron multiplicity as a function of the mass of fragments from thermal neutron-induced fission of 239Pu”
M. Montoya, O. Paucar, A. Obregón, and A. Aponte
Revista Mexicana de Física, 68 (2022), pp. 1-5
- “Rationale for using a C-arm fluoroscope to deliver a kilovoltage radiotherapy treatment to COVID-19 patients”
D. Roa et al.
Medical Dosimetry, 46 (2021), pp. 1-2
- “Dose simulations of an early 20th century kilovoltage pneumonia radiotherapy technique performed with a modern fluoroscope”
D. Roa et al.
Medical Dosimetry, 46 (2021), pp. 74-79
- “A three-dimensional electronic detector array for radiotherapy based on active matrices”
R. Challco et al.
AIP Conference Proceedings, 2348 (2021), 040003
- “Oversize of the average prompt neutron multiplicity measured by the 1V1E method in the symmetric region of thermal neutron-induced fission of 239Pu”
Results in Physics, 17 (2020), 103053
- “Behavior of the average prompt neutron multiplicity as a function of post-neutron fragment mass in correlation with the pre-neutron fragment mass distribution in thermal neutron induced fission of 235U and 233U”
Results in Physics, 14 (2019), 102356
- “Correlation between the average prompt neutron multiplicity as a function of the primary mass and the corresponding experimental mass of fragments from 252Cf spontaneous fission”
M. Montoya and C. Romero
Results in Physics, 15 (2019), 102685
- “Influence of neutron emission on the charge distribution of final fragments from thermal-neutron-induced fission of 233U”
M. Montoya and R. Rivera
Results in Physics, 11 (2018), pp. 449-451
- “Influence of neutron emission on the charge, mass and kinetic energy distribution of final fragments from 235U(nth, f) reaction”
M. Montoya and A. Rivera
Journal of Physics Communications, 2 (2018), 085016
- “Positive even-odd effects in the maximal kinetic energy and negative even-odd effects in the minimal excitation energy of fragments from thermal neutron induced fission of 235U”
M. Montoya and V. Collin
Revista Mexicana de Física, 63 (2017), pp. 151-154
- “Coulomb and even-odd effects in cold and super-asymmetric fragmentation for thermal neutron induced fission of 235U”
AIP Conference Proceedings, 1753 (2016), 030013
- “Coulomb effects in isobaric cold fission from reactions 233U(nth, f), 235U(nth, f), 239Pu(nth, f) and 252Cf(sf)”
Haz clic para acceder a v60n5a3.pdf
- “Neutron emission effects on fragment mass and kinetic energy distribution from fission of 239Pu induced by thermal neutrons”
M. Montoya, J. Rojas, I. Lobato
AIP Conference Proceedings, 1265 (2010), 65
- “Neutron emission effects on final fragments mass and kinetic energy distribution from low energy fission of 234U”
M. Montoya, J. Rojas, I. Lobato
Revista Mexicana de Física, 54 (2008), pp. 440-445
- “Effects of neutron emission on fragment mass and kinetic energy distribution from thermal neutron-induced fission of 235U”
M. Montoya, J. Rojas, E. Saettone
AIP Conference Proceedings, 947 (2007), 326
- “Monte Carlo simulation for fragment mass and kinetic energy distributions from the neutron-induced fission of 235U”
M. Montoya, E. Saettone, J. Rojas
Revista Mexicana de Fisica, 53 (2007), 366-370
Haz clic para acceder a v53n5a6.pdf
- “Search for ternary fragmentation in the reaction 856 MeV 98Mo51V: Kinematic probing of intermediate-mass-fragment emissions”
E. Vardaci et al.
Physics Letters B, 480 (2000), pp. 239-244
- “Simulation of X ray irradiation on human hand”
F. Amaya, M. Montoya
Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology – Proceedings, 4 (2000), pp. 2520-2521
- “Decay of the compound nucleus 179Au formed in the cold fusion reaction 90Zr+89Y”
U. Gollerthan et al.
Zeitschrift für Physik A Hadrons and Nuclei, 338 (1991), pp. 51-60
- “Dynamics and thermalization in violent collisions between 40Ar and Ag at 27 MeV/nucleon”
D. Jouan et al.
Zeitschrift für Physik A: Hadrons and Nuclei, 340 (1991), pp. 63-77
- “Excitation energy partition in deeply inelastic collisions between<sup>40</sup>Ar and Ag at 27 MeV per nucleon”
B. Borderie et al.
Zeitschrift für Physik A Hadrons and Nuclei, 338 (1991), pp. 369-370
- “Observation of enhanced low-energy charged-particle emission in the cold fusion reaction Zr+89Y”
U. Gollerthan et al.
Physics Letters B, 201 (1988), pp. 206-210
- “Deeply inelastic collisions as a source of intermediate mass fragments at E/A=27 MeV”
B. Borderie et al.
Physics Letters B, 205 (1988), pp. 26-29
- Coulomb effects in low energy fission
M. Montoya, R. W. Hasse & P. Koczon
Zeitschrift für Physik A Atomic Nuclei, 325 (1986) pp. 357–362
- “The influence of the surprising decay properties of element 108 on search experiments for new elements”
S. Hofmann et al.
Nuclear Physics A, 447 (1986), pp. 335-346
- “Mass and kinetic energy distribution in cold fission of 233U, 235U and 239 Pu induced by thermal neutrons”
Zeitschrift für Physik A Atoms and Nuclei, 319 (1984), pp. 219–225
- “Localized hydrogen modes in LaNi5Hx”
R.Hempelmann et al.
Journal of the Less Common Metals, 104 (1984), pp. 1-12
- “Nucleon pair breaking in the thermal neutron induced fission of 233U and U”
J. Phys. France, 44 (1983) pp. 785-790
- “Evidence for nucleon pair breaking even in the coldest scission configurations of 234U and 236U”
C. Signarbieux et al.
J. Physique Lett., 42 (1981), pp. 437-440
• Dissemination of science and technology
About two hundred presentations at events on education, science and technology.
About five hundred articles in newspapers and magazines.
Host of the Science and Technology section of the «Thresholds» (Umbrales) Program
On August 6, 2010, the first program of Thresholds SCIENCES- “el ADN” was broadcast.
On April 26, 2012, the last program of Thresholds SCIENCES «Cultivating Brains with your participation» was broadcast.
In charge of the creation of 17 programs on different media
Policies to promote innovation in Peru, based on experiences of successful Latin American countries, Editorial Académica Española, Saarbruecken, Germany. 2012.
Policies to promote science, technology and innovation in Peru, Fondo Editorial San Marcos, Lima, Peru. 2011.
Optimization of the Peruvian Science and Technology System: The challenge of Peru’s development based on research, Fondo Editorial San Marcos, Lima, Peru. 2006.
Notes on Science and Technology: Concepts, Institutional Relations and World Advances, CEPRECYT Editions, Lima. 2000.
Radiotherapy, CEPRECYT Editions, Lima. 1997.
Physics for All, CEPRECYT Editions, Lima. 1996.
Nuclear Physics, CONCYTEC Editions, Lima. 1996
The Secrets of Huarangal, CEPRECYT Editions, Lima. 1995.
High Energies and Origin of the Universe, Ediciones CEPRECYT, Lima. 1994.
Nuclear Technology in Peru, CONCYTEC Editions, Lima. 1993.
• Science and technology management and promotion
President of the Nuclear Academy of Peru (2011 – 2015)
Conductor of the science area of the Thresholds program of TVPerú (08/2010 – 2012)
Guest contributor to the En-linea.com program of Radio Programa del Perú (2012)
Director of Radio Program «A meeting with Science» of Radio San Borja (10/2011 -)
Member of the Advisory Council of the Commission of Science, Innovation and Technology of the Congress of the Republic of Peru (12/14/2011 – 07/27/2012)
Member of the Advisory Committee of the College of Teachers of Peru (2011)
Member of the Board Committee of the Peru 2040 Plan (2011)
Member of “The International Board” of the VII Latin American Symposium on Nuclear Physics and Application (2009).
Member of the Board Committee of the National Council of Science and Technology – CONCYTEC (10/10/2001- 10/09/2006)
President of the Peruvian Institute of Nuclear Energy (08/22/01-12/2006)
Advisor to the Science and Technology Commission of the Congress of the Republic (08/15/2000 – 07/26/2001)
President of the Nuclear Academy of Peru (1996- 1997)
Director of the Center for Preparation for Science and Technology, CEPRECYT (1992 – 2002)
President of the Peruvian Society of Science and Technology, SOPECYT (05/06/89 – 05/05/91)
President of the Peruvian Physical Society, (1988 – 1994)
Advisor to the Presidency of the National Center for Strategic Planning, CEPLAN (on behalf of IPEN), Lima, Peru (September 2009 – June 2012).
Consultant to the Ministry of Education on books for primary education (12/1998)
Chairman of the External Advisory Group of the Congress Science and Technology Commission (1997 – 1998)
Invited Member of the Scientific and Technological Policy Commission of the Confederation of Private Business Institutions, CONFIEP (1994 – 1997)
Member of the CPT-Teledata Award Jury for Technological Creativity, together with doctors Jorge Heraud and José Pomalaza (1993)
Associate Member of the International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy (01/01/1986