For centuries, the government as well as private companies private companies in Peru, have shown little interest in science and technology. As a result of this neglect:
- There are only a thousand research scientists for a country of 30 million inhabitants,
- The number of research positions at state universities and state research institutes, has been practically frozen,
- Most researchers have been forced to emigrate,
- Researchers residents in Peru seek to build bridges of cooperation with researchers living abroad through the International Scientific Meeting (ECI), which is held twice a year (in January and August respectively).
In this context, we invite you to:
- Give a conference at the ECI,
- Provide a visiting research position to a young Peruvian researcher at your laboratory,
- Make a temporary stay in Peru, or
- Spread the word about ECI among your contacts.
We invite to send your proposal to: